Forgot Password Register
Sponsors:
CME Chicago Mercantile Exchange The Dow Corp Dow Jones

Old March 9th, 2012, 07:00 AM
KJF is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Contango View Post
As someone currently net short, it was nice to get up and see $32.7342 set as today's pre-market price by horizon as the NAV per HND unit. KJF, etc., I presume they calculate NAVs using yesterday's pit close as opposed to NG prices at the time of yesterday's stock market close (i.e., the last traded prices of HNx for the day)? If someone could shed some light on this, I'd appreciate it.

link to NAV/unit levels: http://www.horizonsetfs.com/pub/en/ETFs.aspx
Hi contango....check directly w/Horizons on their methodology...I've found them to be very good in providing info...
Old March 9th, 2012, 07:07 AM
nofo is on a distinguished road

ok the pivot is being breached and is not being held convincingly, we should be good cmon S1...

My Gut tells me there is just too much surplus to burn, how can the possibly dump it, unless they shut down everything for 30 days... If we get injection sooner rather than later... Hnu will be reverse splitting again.

Loaded up with both barrels x 6 = 12D/0U on HND in the rundown yesterday.

was that a short cover yesterday?
Old March 9th, 2012, 07:12 AM
TomJoseph is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by KJF View Post
Good Morning TJ...have you been following these guys (fxempire) for awhile?...are they credible?....I've seen them b4 but just haven't taken the time to watch them ....
one of the resources which I look daily for price direction last few months looks OK..... more bearish direction and occasionally bull, technically good.
Old March 9th, 2012, 07:13 AM
Contango is on a distinguished road

I thought this was the case as well but will take K's advice and confirm. The crazy thing is that NG was trading at 2.301 when the stock market closed at 4 pm yesterday so one would think that HND would be trading higher than 32.7342 now because NG is around 2.285. I believe the close of electronic trading at 6:15 pm yesterday was also above 2.29 (i.e., above current prices). IF you and I are correct about when they calcluate the NAVs, savy traders must be laughing their asses off buying cheap D this AM.

Originally Posted by Meltom View Post
It is off the TSX close at 4pm EST.
Old March 9th, 2012, 07:20 AM

Originally Posted by nofo View Post
ok the pivot is being breached and is not being held convincingly, we should be good cmon S1...

My Gut tells me there is just too much surplus to burn, how can the possibly dump it, unless they shut down everything for 30 days... If we get injection sooner rather than later... Hnu will be reverse splitting again.

Loaded up with both barrels x 6 = 12D/0U on HND in the rundown yesterday.

was that a short cover yesterday?
Hi nofo...Frisky Friday Fever hit you early?...J has to fall thru 2.24 but there seems to be a few Fri Bulls putting up a good fight so far....RE: HNU reverse...last time was around 2.50 (Nov'11)...
Old March 9th, 2012, 07:21 AM
nofo is on a distinguished road

Hi nofo...Frisky Friday Fever hit you early?...J has to fall thru 2.24 but there seems to be a few Fri Bulls putting up a good fight so far....RE: HNU reverse...last time was around 2.50 (Nov'11)...
So what was it all about yesterday EOD...?
Old March 9th, 2012, 07:48 AM

...holding 1 U @ ave 2.96/2 D (1 core @ 12.42/1 K trader @ ave 26.03)/2ca$h-3margin avail
..OK...will start w/this...

...& buy 1 D @ 32.59/2.277?J....showed some R here y'day....looking for 2.26/2.25....hold 1U/3D...
Old March 9th, 2012, 08:03 AM
ExAlbertan is on a distinguished road

Published: Mar 08, 2012

(Dow Jones) It will be 5-10 years before North American natural-gas prices get back to $5/thousand cubic feet, Canadian Natural Resources (CNQ) CEO Steve Laut tells Dow Jones. "We know there is a tremendous amount of gas in North America," which will cap prices for some time. "And we think it will take that long before you see increased demand." Still, CNQ only plans to shut in a tiny fraction of its output, saying it still makes money at prices below $2. (edward.welsch@dowjones.com)

Call us at (212) 416-2354 or email kevin.kingsbury@dowjones.com
Old March 9th, 2012, 08:20 AM
TomJoseph is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by ExAlbertan View Post
Published: Mar 08, 2012

(Dow Jones) It will be 5-10 years before North American natural-gas prices get back to $5/thousand cubic feet, Canadian Natural Resources (CNQ) CEO Steve Laut tells Dow Jones. "We know there is a tremendous amount of gas in North America," which will cap prices for some time. "And we think it will take that long before you see increased demand." Still, CNQ only plans to shut in a tiny fraction of its output, saying it still makes money at prices below $2. (edward.welsch@dowjones.com)

Call us at (212) 416-2354 or email kevin.kingsbury@dowjones.com
Rig count less than 600 will be turning point now it is 691.
Old March 9th, 2012, 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by nofo View Post
So what was it all about yesterday EOD...?
HI nofo...you still awake?...not as much 'fun' 2day, Huh?....