Forgot Password Register
Sponsors:
The Dow Corp Dow Jones CME Chicago Mercantile Exchange

View Poll Results: Storage for EIA report date 2/23/12
0 to -150 Bcf 2 5.71%
-150 to -160 Bcf 5 14.29%
-160 to -170 Bcf 15 42.86%
-170 to -180 Bcf 8 22.86%
-180 to -250 Bcf 5 14.29%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #101  
Old March 6th, 2012, 04:16 PM
Gastrader Gastrader is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 492
Gastrader is on a distinguished road
Default

Originally Posted by Fivethousandoverlibor View Post
Wolf, you redefine poseur, gallantly.
It's our job to predict scrapes before they occur. It's your job to regurgitate that information into some mishmash of incomplete tropes and pandemic inability to properly use your native language. At least you know your role.
Dude, I don't know why the bee got under your bonnet regarding Wolf, but do these posts add anything to making us money ? if you want to talk trash, go to the Stockhouse HNU board. Although, I doubt they will comprehend "incomplete tropes" and perhaps even "pandemic" , but they will sure talk some trash with you.
Reply With Quote
  #102  
Old March 6th, 2012, 04:39 PM
Fivethousandoverlibor Fivethousandoverlibor is offline
Banned
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,323
Fivethousandoverlibor is on a distinguished road
Default

Originally Posted by Gastrader View Post
Dude, I don't know why the bee got under your bonnet regarding Wolf, but do these posts add anything to making us money ? if you want to talk trash, go to the Stockhouse HNU board. Although, I doubt they will comprehend "incomplete tropes" and perhaps even "pandemic" , but they will sure talk some trash with you.

Gastrader
How many multiple-week EIA forecasts have you posted to FEF? I've posted 59 of them. I've helped plenty of people make stores of money, so don't come in here instructing me which posts I can and cannot make. My beef with Wolf is years old. Several here could attest to it, if they were so foolish as I to post to this place. Perhaps the best thing for you is to just let this be.
Reply With Quote
  #103  
Old March 6th, 2012, 05:30 PM
wolfoptiontrading wolfoptiontrading is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 4,100
wolfoptiontrading is on a distinguished road
Default

Originally Posted by Fivethousandoverlibor View Post
My beef with Wolf is years old. Several here could attest to it, if they were so foolish as I to post to this place.
Its true and its worse than a case of the crabs.
Reply With Quote
  #104  
Old March 8th, 2012, 12:19 PM
Fivethousandoverlibor Fivethousandoverlibor is offline
Banned
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,323
Fivethousandoverlibor is on a distinguished road
Default

Originally Posted by Fivethousandoverlibor View Post
So you don't see that this YoY tightness is in part a function of the largest YoY deficit in imports in nearly 4 years?

I guess we'll know soon enough - the blistering YoY import comps ended with this EIA.
Well, this was the loosest wx adj EIA in 8 weeks... Thinking we might have been on to something here Flame...

I don't think we were ever as tight as everyone's modeling (including mine) suggested we were in Jan-Feb, as there's a symphony of non-linear complications when assessing what a national storage figure would have looked like at 55F vs 20F. And a big part of that are imports.

And this offers some explanation as to the developing puzzle of loosening as we shed load, which is pretty much dead-balls the exact opposite of what we should be seeing.
Reply With Quote
  #105  
Old March 8th, 2012, 12:28 PM
rmb623 rmb623 is offline
Contributing Member
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 95
rmb623 is on a distinguished road
Default

Originally Posted by Fivethousandoverlibor View Post
Well, this was the loosest wx adj EIA in 8 weeks... Thinking we might have been on to something here Flame...

I don't think we were ever as tight as everyone's modeling (including mine) suggested we were in Jan-Feb, as there's a symphony of non-linear complications when assessing what a national storage figure would have looked like at 55F vs 20F. And a big part of that are imports.

And this offers some explanation as to the developing puzzle of loosening as we shed load, which is pretty much dead-balls the exact opposite of what we should be seeing.
why should we be seeing tightening as we shed load?
Reply With Quote
  #106  
Old March 8th, 2012, 12:35 PM
Fivethousandoverlibor Fivethousandoverlibor is offline
Banned
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,323
Fivethousandoverlibor is on a distinguished road
Default

As power loads fall, in-merit dispatch results in a greater and greater share of the generation mix being gas (cheaper); you idle coal (most expensive) first.

Last edited by Fivethousandoverlibor; March 8th, 2012 at 01:04 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #107  
Old March 8th, 2012, 12:46 PM
hardhat hardhat is online now
Senior Member
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 602
hardhat is on a distinguished road
Default

Unless you have to force burn coal.
Reply With Quote
  #108  
Old March 8th, 2012, 12:49 PM
Fivethousandoverlibor Fivethousandoverlibor is offline
Banned
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,323
Fivethousandoverlibor is on a distinguished road
Default

Originally Posted by hardhat View Post
Unless you have to force burn coal.
That's why I highlighted in-merit.
Reply With Quote
  #109  
Old March 8th, 2012, 01:43 PM
rmb623 rmb623 is offline
Contributing Member
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 95
rmb623 is on a distinguished road
Default

Originally Posted by Fivethousandoverlibor View Post
As power loads fall, in-merit dispatch results in a greater and greater share of the generation mix being gas (cheaper); you idle coal (most expensive) first.
i dont follow. you might be getting a greater share of the generation mix but its a greater share of a smaller pie. i dont see how it necessarily means greater gas burn.
Reply With Quote
  #110  
Old March 8th, 2012, 01:44 PM
rmb623 rmb623 is offline
Contributing Member
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 95
rmb623 is on a distinguished road
Default

Originally Posted by hardhat View Post
Unless you have to force burn coal.
what are the rules around this? when is a utility required to force burn.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:24 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4 Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.