CME Chicago Mercantile Exchange The Dow Corp Dow Jones

Old December 7th, 2011, 01:42 PM
Contributing Member
Turtle Juice is on a distinguished road

He's not shorting yet.....so hang in there
Old December 7th, 2011, 02:09 PM
Redfox is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by op1kenobi View Post
yes, I posted on this months back, but half the people didn't catch on. Unfortunately, I've been long on HNU for many weeks now. Also Waterhouse will only let you short up to $25k per account.
you can't lose in the long run even if gas went up to $6. HND is up 30-40% on the year. The big difference with shorting is that Revenue Canada considers it as income rather than capital gains. What is attractive is that you could purchase HNU every 6 months and never cover and keep collecting easy cash. Pretty well a no brainer. Other shops don't restrict like WH. I despise WH.
Old December 7th, 2011, 02:13 PM
op1kenobi is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Redfox View Post
you can't lose in the long run even if gas went up to $6. HND is up 30-40% on the year. The big difference with shorting is that Revenue Canada considers it as income rather than capital gains. What is attractive is that you could purchase HNU every 6 months and never cover and keep collecting easy cash. Pretty well a no brainer. Other shops don't restrict like WH. I despise WH.
tell me about it, I had to call them today because my HNU order at 9.87 didn't fill before yesterday's close (even though that was the bid price)....ends up the Alpha trading platform was down. They will credit me the difference for my market order today, but had I not called I'd be out $400. Unfortunately I still haven't sold it all.
Old December 7th, 2011, 02:25 PM
Redfox is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by op1kenobi View Post
tell me about it, I had to call them today because my HNU order at 9.87 didn't fill before yesterday's close (even though that was the bid price)....ends up the Alpha trading platform was down. They will credit me the difference for my market order today, but had I not called I'd be out $400. Unfortunately I still haven't sold it all.
Have you tried ITrade?
Old December 9th, 2011, 11:57 AM
torrysport is on a distinguished road
Default 3.33 $8.91 $15.67

haven'd up dated my chart lately as i'am in a corner sucking my thumb(the one that places order's) from it being sore from getting clobbered by ng. sols 2500 shares yesterday on pop @ 9.97 cost 9.65 but still had more that had higher average 11.68, now wishing had sold all with 8.92 printing...... bought 2800 back @ 9.02.......

my first printed chart still tracking very close with role happening and only 3-4 cent contango

does anyone know when the role is done.... 12-13 work days? which day are we complete for jan and all in for feb?

holding till monday as my loss's i hope to regain some later next week

to all have a good weekend and pray to the cold god to blast the usa(cold and snow) not anything terrorist
Old December 10th, 2011, 07:27 AM
nofo is on a distinguished road

it takes place in the first 8 business days of every month... oil is the first 4 days etc etc.

all schedules for all contracts ore on the following page... http://www.horizonsetfs.com/pub/en/r...Contracts.aspx
Old December 10th, 2011, 11:05 AM
Default role

HBP Natural Gas Excess Return Index (HNU, HND, HIN, HNO, HON)

Contract 1st - 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th 10th 11th
Primary 100% 87.5% 75% 62.5% 50% 37.5% 25% 12.5% 0%
Secondary 0% 12.5% 25% 37.5% 50% 62.5% 75% 87.5% 100%

so that on the 11th working day we are all in next contract..................... thanks. correct me if i'am wrong that means dec 15 trades all on feb contracts and fridays damage to ng 7th day was50/50%?
Old December 11th, 2011, 12:02 PM
Default role and weather

to my last post the weather map has changed to more brown on the 8-14, the 6-10 has more blue now, as hnu is trading future, dec 15 we will be trading feb??? what does dec weather have to do with the price of ng(feb) or is spring around the corner!!!!, ok supply is there as well as production, we need cold to slow down supply(freeze off) and then short's will hit ng hard back up to the 4.00 level hnu(12.60ish).

I hope.........................

what do all of you think? any coments?

http://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/product...4day/index.php
Old December 11th, 2011, 02:01 PM
swingtrader is an unknown quantity at this point

I think that no matter what happens with the weather, there is an oversupply problem, that is the drag on the price for G.
Old December 11th, 2011, 02:28 PM
nofo is on a distinguished road

yup sorry I was wrong on the rollover I stand corrected, but the link is there for the actuals... duhhh my bad. just dont pay too much attention to it, as evidenced by my incorrect answer,...