Forgot Password Register
Sponsors:
CME Chicago Mercantile Exchange The Dow Corp Dow Jones

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1971  
Old March 9th, 2012, 03:16 PM
op1kenobi op1kenobi is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 578
op1kenobi is on a distinguished road
Default

I smell a rat, metals and oil strong as US$ strengthens. This might be a setup for further capitulation next week. I may make my D entries on Monday.
Reply With Quote
  #1972  
Old March 10th, 2012, 11:00 PM
moneyhungry moneyhungry is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,832
moneyhungry is on a distinguished road
Default

Originally Posted by op1kenobi View Post
I smell a rat, metals and oil strong as US$ strengthens. This might be a setup for further capitulation next week. I may make my D entries on Monday.
sure the usd gained against most fiat currencies on friday, but it lost value vs gold, oil, copper, etc.
Reply With Quote
  #1973  
Old March 12th, 2012, 07:16 AM
richby100 richby100 is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 135
richby100 is on a distinguished road
Default

Originally Posted by op1kenobi View Post
I smell a rat, metals and oil strong as US$ strengthens. This might be a setup for further capitulation next week. I may make my D entries on Monday.
Are you jumping in? If the drop in oil holds, they say it broke support at $106.50.

disclosure: 24/24 hod at 4.65
Reply With Quote
  #1974  
Old March 12th, 2012, 02:18 PM
nofo nofo is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,781
nofo is on a distinguished road
Default

Originally Posted by moneyhungry View Post
don't fight the trend. when we broke $105 2 weeks ago that was very bullish. we are heading into summer, plus geopolitical factors. I dont see anything bearish in the medium term. eventually we'll have another large 30% correction when sentiment changes but that isnt happening until we are much higher. you have all these bullish factors now supporting, driving the market. netanyahu whining the other day that they will possibly strike iran within the next few months
Hey money... I will give you this ... you are usually correct in the medium term.. being to me a 3-10 days, and also longer term 10-20 days, but the short term as proved today and the inverse reaction last week was just too wierd.... thats why i went against the trend. held hod

Today it was china, I am losing track of some of the variables, greece tomorrow I guess, then portugal and spain enter the picture... and at some point the USD dispite strength should weaken against gold/silv and oil...???

sold a bunch of CEE goldmine for 8% one day gain, bought more goldminers HGU and holding some of that HEP (managed covered calls 10-18%/monthly div) i bid for it but it did not touch down to fill, I think its a great buy..
Reply With Quote
  #1975  
Old March 12th, 2012, 03:45 PM
moneyhungry moneyhungry is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,832
moneyhungry is on a distinguished road
Default

Originally Posted by nofo View Post
Hey money... I will give you this ... you are usually correct in the medium term.. being to me a 3-10 days, and also longer term 10-20 days, but the short term as proved today and the inverse reaction last week was just too wierd.... thats why i went against the trend. held hod

Today it was china, I am losing track of some of the variables, greece tomorrow I guess, then portugal and spain enter the picture... and at some point the USD dispite strength should weaken against gold/silv and oil...???

sold a bunch of CEE goldmine for 8% one day gain, bought more goldminers HGU and holding some of that HEP (managed covered calls 10-18%/monthly div) i bid for it but it did not touch down to fill, I think its a great buy..
the chinese trade deficit came in at a 30 year high, very unexpected. the chinese rarely have trade deficits. good news is they will start to ease policy more which is bullish. we'll see what the fed says tomorrow most likely they are gonna stick to the usual script. watchers will be looking for any hint of scrapping the 2014 rate pledge. I find it funny that the chinese trade deficit is being treated as bad news, yet the u.s. trade deficit for january came in at a 3 year high and nobody cared. that proves the u.s. economy is not getting stronger, a stronger economy will produce more goods, their trade deficit should be narrowing not growing.
Reply With Quote
  #1976  
Old March 14th, 2012, 08:37 AM
nofo nofo is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,781
nofo is on a distinguished road
Default

I know money would be saying buy the miners right now.... so I did.

sold HOD 4.66
bot HGU
bot HEP
bot K
amazing CEE is unscathed in this drop, but why the run from gold, or just currency driven?
Reply With Quote
  #1977  
Old March 14th, 2012, 10:30 AM
moneyhungry moneyhungry is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,832
moneyhungry is on a distinguished road
Default

Originally Posted by nofo View Post
I know money would be saying buy the miners right now.... so I did.

sold HOD 4.66
bot HGU
bot HEP
bot K
amazing CEE is unscathed in this drop, but why the run from gold, or just currency driven?
gold could be heading back down towards $1500 since itll be closing down below the key 1670 area. ill be interested to see the unemployment claims tomorrow, if they are higher than expected itll be the 4th week in a row
Reply With Quote
  #1978  
Old March 15th, 2012, 11:35 PM
jason09hl jason09hl is offline
New Member
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1
jason09hl is on a distinguished road
Default

As the US housing market was in tatters in 2008, the government had passed many bills like the
Economic Stimulus Act (ESA) and the HERA or the Housing Economic Recovery Act and the
main goal of these laws was to boost the amount of mortgage loans financing in the conventional
form in most of the states of America.

Financial expert.

http://www.debtconsolidationcare.com/
Reply With Quote
  #1979  
Old March 18th, 2012, 04:55 PM
tqft tqft is offline
Contributing Member
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 98
tqft is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to tqft Send a message via Skype™ to tqft
Default

Originally Posted by nofo View Post
I know money would be saying buy the miners right now.... so I did.

sold HOD 4.66
bot HGU
bot HEP
bot K
amazing CEE is unscathed in this drop, but why the run from gold, or just currency driven?
An alternative view on what is driving the gold price
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/anothe...ing-gold-again
"the ECB has increased its margin calls on European banks by EUR162 million this week to another record high of over EUR17.3 billion. While our pointing out of this huge jump from 'average' historical margin calls last week was met with - it's temporary/transitory due to temporary/transitory ineligibility of defaulted (and since undefaulted) Greek bonds (which given the rise this week has now been proven incorrect) or the more prosaic "don't worry, be happy", ... The side-effect of this appears to be (as we pointed out here) that Gold (the banks' remaining quality collateral) is being sold to cover these margin calls"
Reply With Quote
  #1980  
Old March 20th, 2012, 09:15 AM
nofo nofo is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,781
nofo is on a distinguished road
Default

Originally Posted by tqft View Post
An alternative view on what is driving the gold price
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/anothe...ing-gold-again
"the ECB has increased its margin calls on European banks by EUR162 million this week to another record high of over EUR17.3 billion. While our pointing out of this huge jump from 'average' historical margin calls last week was met with - it's temporary/transitory due to temporary/transitory ineligibility of defaulted (and since undefaulted) Greek bonds (which given the rise this week has now been proven incorrect) or the more prosaic "don't worry, be happy", ... The side-effect of this appears to be (as we pointed out here) that Gold (the banks' remaining quality collateral) is being sold to cover these margin calls"
Cool, thanks , that feels better... I think gold miners are oversold...
sold hod
bought hou
sold K
bought K back
sold K
sold CEE
holding hep
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:57 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4 Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.